I’m excited to announce that I’ve been nominated by Bea from BeaFreitas for the Blogger Recognition Award! If you haven’t checked out her great lifestyle blog, – beauty, fashion, style and more – please do and click follow!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
I originally started blogging about six years ago. As a newlywed in a new town, I spent a lot of time baking (a lifelong love of mine) and decided to start a food blog called Baking con Brio. It was such a great hobby, but soon, it took a back seat to full time teaching and mommy-hood. After a traumatic total-loss house fire in November 2013, our family had to begin rebuilding our lives. I began A Fresh Brewed Faith as a form of therapy. I found great solace and joy in blogging again, and this time, I’m so glad I stuck with it.
Two pieces of advice:
- Write about what you love. Your passion will automatically come through in your content, which will draw readers who share in your passions! I love blogging about food and my kitchen experiments, but eventually I realized that I am passionate about teaching, books and gardening as well. I can’t say that I’ve necessarily gained more readership once I switched to a lifestyle blog, but I can confidently state that I’m more fully enjoying the blogging experience, and forging more relationships with other bloggers quickly!
- Don’t give up! This blog has been up and running for almost three years, and it’s had huge ups and downs. I figured out fast that one negative comment can really get under my skin and break my spirit, if I let it. But don’t let negative comments, low numbers of followers, or lack of readership stop you from blogging! Keep taking gorgeous photos, keep writing fabulous content, keep updating your blog’s look, and keep making new friends in the blogging world! Whatever goals you set for your blog, continue working toward them. The results will be worth the effort! ❤
*I thought it might be helpful to add that Blog Clarity has been – and continues to be – a wonderful resource for me as a blogger! Check it out!
My nominations are:
- Natalie’s Lovely Blog
- Memoirs of the Quiet
- The Watts
- Hey Bake My Day
- Our Little Ways
- What’s For Dinner Moms
- Radiate Food Vibes
- Her Quarters
- Hearth and Sprout
- Jen Fabian
- Quirky and Wonderful
- They Call Her Love
- Dining with Celia
- Ciarra Lorren
- Faith, Farming and Family
If you’re one of these nominees, thanks for posting great stuff! I hope you’ll consider posting your award and nominating your own winners.
If you’re a reader, please give these blogs a look and a follow! I’m so looking forward to the new relationships that can be built from these awards.