Happy Monday, everyone!
I’m honored and excited to have been nominated by the lovely Kristi at Savvy Schooling for the Blogger Recognition Award! If you haven’t visited her page before, please do! She has tons of great ideas, resources, and information on parenting and homeschooling.
This is the second time I’ve been nominated for this award, and I feel so blessed to have found so many wonderful blogging buddies who encourage me as a Christian, a mom, and a writer! I thought I’d change up my answers a bit for this award post, so if you already read my award post from January, thanks so much, and please, keep reading for some different blogging advice!
If you’ve been nominated, I listed the rules at the bottom of the post. 🙂
How my blog started:
Before I was a teacher or a mommy, I originally started a food blog called Baking con Brio. After a few years of blogging just for fun, life threw our family a few curve balls. After a traumatic total-loss house fire in November 2013, and after battling depression for a year, our family had to begin rebuilding our lives. I began A Fresh Brewed Faith as a form of writing therapy. I found great solace and joy in blogging once again, this time about a wide variety of things I’m passionate about! Read more about my blog’s name and why I began A Fresh Brewed Faith here!
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Decide on a purpose and an audience for your blog. When I first started out, I felt like “finding my niche” was hard. Did I want to blog about food? Well, not totally. What about parenting? Sort of… I really wanted to pick and choose from several niches. So I did! Setting a purpose and an audience makes this easier. First determine your purpose: personal goals, an extra income, as a hobby/creative outlet, for your kids to read your recipes later in life, etc. Then figure out your audience: home-makers, fellow Christians, aspiring bakers/cooks, peers, educators, etc. This made getting A Fresh Brewed Faith off the ground much simpler, without worrying too much about finding just one niche.
- Read, read, and read some more. I’ve found that reading makes me a better writer, and better writing = better content, which = more traffic and better connections! Don’t worry too much about what you read. Just read what you love. Allow yourself to be inspired by other blogs, favorite books, and magazines, and even other bloggers or writers who post to social media.
(Also, you can never use too many heart emojis.)
My nominations are:
Here’s how it works…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Whether you are a regular reader here or you’ve just stopped in for the first time, from the very bottom of my heart, thank you! ❤ I never thought I’d love blogging so much, and people reading it make it so much more fun.
If you’ve been nominated, congrats! You deserve it! I can’t wait to read more of your posts.