It’s SPRING! Our little house by the prairie has tons of new daffodils and pear tree blossoms, a few new bird nests around the yard, and freshly tilled garden beds, so now seemed like the perfect time to announce something new in my own life.
I’ve decided to start my own business through Trades of Hope. Haven’t heard of Trades of Hope? I hadn’t either, until a women’s night out my church hosted a few weeks ago. One of our guest speakers led with an amazing story of hope, and I was hooked.
In a nutshell, Trades of Hope is a fair trade business that partners with women around the globe to help destroy poverty through a home-party-based system.
Trades of Hope…
- partners with artisan women around the globe who make beautiful jewelry, home decor, accessories and more.
- partners with women like me – a compassionate entrepreneur – so I can sell these beautiful things to people like you and earn an income for my family.
- are members of the Fair Trade Federation and fully support all fair trade principles.
- use a home-party system to support and empower these women. (You know, like Tupperware parties!)
The artisan women…
- create beautiful jewelry, accessories, home decor items, toys, journals, and even men’s items! (seriously, the journals are drool-worthy.)
- make 100% of their asking price for the items they make, which is 3% – 6 % higher than what they could sell their handiwork for in their local markets.
- earn a fair wage and hold a dignified job with sustainable income.
So why did I become a Compassionate Entrepreneur?
- Because Trades of Hope enables mamas to keep their babies instead of sending them to orphanages.
- Because Trades of Hope empowers women to provide for their families.
- Because Trades of Hope helps keep girls out of the slave trade and provides them with dignified and sustainable jobs.
- Because I can contribute to my family financially, too.
- Because Trades of Hope is empowering women – even me! – to care for and inspire their families, friends, and communities.
Interested in learning more?
Contact me at —> firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested in doing a bit of shopping to support these amazing ladies?
Click on my link here!
And please, please, please share this with your friends. If anything is a worthy cause, this would be.
Happy Wednesday, friends!